Are you looking for the best Wi-Fi routers for home use? Technology has absolutely revolutionalized the way we live, comprehend, work and interact with the help of wireless networks. With the throng of connected smart TVs, home products, smartphones, computers and many other mobile devices governing our lives, it has become important than ever to furnish your home or office with a wireless router which can handle the amplified demand for the Wi-Fi connectivity. The latest wireless routers fall well in your budget and are nothing less than the best in terms of quality.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What are Wireless Routers?
- 2 Top 5 Bestselling Wi-Fi Modems in Indian Market
- 3 Best Wireless Routers Reviews:
- 4 Tips on Choosing the Best Wi-Fi Router For Home Use
- 5 Significant Benefits of a Good Wi-Fi Modem
What are Wireless Routers?
A wireless router is basically a device in a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) which determines the subsequent network point to which a data must be forwarded toward its desired destination. A wireless router functions in the same manner as the router in a hard-wired home or office local area network (LAN), but enables greater mobility for notebook or portable PCs.
Top 5 Bestselling Wi-Fi Modems in Indian Market
Best Wireless Routers Reviews:
ASUS RT-N56U is rated as the world’s fastest router and this unique technology is housed in an award winning and trendy design. It is equipped with dual-band technology which concurrently enables both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, with data speed of up to 300Mbps simultaneously. Having Network Address Translation (NAT) feature, it is a unique router which delivers up to 1000Mbps accurate gigabit throughout which is up to five times quicker than the traditional gigabit routers. It blends its wireless technology with a huge data pipeline competent of up to 300,000 data concurrent sessions, therefore multiple data transfers to several users becomes extremely handy.
- Dual-band for wait-free amusement and allows both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- Data speed of up to 300 Mbps.
- 5 times faster gigabit internet surfing as it comes with NAT hardware.
- Influential online multi-tasking for up to 300,000 data sessions.
- Twin USB ports allow multi-role usability.
- 1 WAN and 4 LAN.
ASUS RT-N56U comes with some really unique features but is slightly expensive compared to some other brilliant wi-fi router models. The NAT hardware is bliss for users and delivers them complete Gigabit internet performance. It has a trendy and award winning design. It can be a hassle to use for internet-savvy users as it offers a restricted and low 5ghz range. So, choose wisely if you are looking forward to buy ASUS RT-N56U.
It allows users to conveniently access and surf the web and is perfect for emailing, connecting devices and networking smaller homes or apartments. Its wireless-N built with leading 802.11n technology delivers users with the best performance and range. Facilitates the users with high speed transfer rates up to 300 Mbps for an influential networking experience. Proffers a consistent range built with the MIMO antenna technology for high-quality wireless coverage. Its advanced security features assist in keeping your network and personal data absolutely safe with advanced WPA2 encryption and incorporated firewall.
- Offers input type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported through ISPs like Spectranet, Airtel, MTNL, BSNL, Hathway, ACT Fibrenet and locale cable operator.
- 4 fast Ethernet ports.
- Unique & handy wireless router.
- Gets installed in easy 3-step setup
Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router is an amazing wireless router which carries great speed and reliability to your Wi-Fi connections however it has range issues. But considering the other incredible features this handy wireless router comes with when compared with other latest wireless router models makes it a decent purchase for internet-savvy users.
This unique Wi-Fi router allows users to get the speed that they require for faster downloads and surfing. This N300 Wi-Fi router provides speeds up to 300 Mbps while the outer antennas assist in perking up your connection consistency, even at the longer range.
- Comes with input type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported through locality cable broadband ISPs like Spectranet, Nextra, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Siti Cable, You Broadband and much more.
- This Wi-Fi router does not comprise modem and functions perfectly with cable broadband.
- It comes with an outer antenna for better Wi-Fi coverage.
- Amazing Wi-Fi range for small to medium houses.
- Handy guest network access.
- Limited 2-year hardware warranty.
Wi-Fi router is working pretty well and is not heating up at all. Connecting to Wi-Fi is quite slow in comparison to other Wi-Fi models used at home or office. Once connected, there is hardly any loss of wireless connectivity in its coverage area until it has been switch OFF manually or owing to loss of power. If this device keeps functioning in this way for couple of years to come, it will surely be a fantastic product by Netgear to purchase!
This Wireless N Router is a collective wired/wireless network connection device built exclusively for small business and home office networking needs. It’s unsurpassed and advanced wireless performance make it just perfect for online gaming, streaming HD video and making VoIP. Also it has a WPS button on its sleek and stylish outer body which ensures WPA2 encryptions and protects the network from external invasions.
- Comes with input type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported through locale cable broadband ISPs like MyWorld, Nextra, Tikona, Hathway, You Broadband, Spectranet, ACT, Airtel Fibrenet, Siti Cable and many more.
- It does not comprise modem and functions perfectly with cable broadband.
- Offers 300Mbps wireless speed which is perfect for disturbance sensitive applications.
- 2 antennas significantly amplify the wireless strength and constancy.
- IP based bandwidth control enables managers to decide how much bandwidth is assigned to every PC.
- Handy wireless safety encryption at just a push of WPS button.
Overall it is one of the most affordable wireless routers available in the market today with oodles of feature on board. It is extremely suggested to purchase for those in need of an inexpensive router with consistency, safety & tons of unique features.
All of us are familiar with the name of this device and use of which got necessitated by the arrival of computers and laptops. For individuals looking for enjoying absolutely consistent and unproblematic internet connectivity for longer time, buy the Dlink Dir-600M Wireless Router, an extensively used & highly praised electronic device from the renowned brand, Dlink.
- Has input type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported through locality cable broadband ISPs including Spectranet, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Hathway, Siti Cable, You Broadband, ACT, Tikona, Nextra and many more.
- It does not consist of modem & functions amazingly with cable broadband.
- Offers at 150 Mbps wireless speed.
- Comes with 3 years warranty.
- One WAN 10/100Base-TX WAN port and one outer antenna.
- WPA/WPA2 encryption.
- Four 10/100Base-TX LAN ports.
Tips on Choosing the Best Wi-Fi Router For Home Use
- Evaluate Signal Strength: Different wireless routers get rated according to their different signal strengths. Find out which router fits your network requirements. Signal strength is assessed in the best way through real-life tests and not from the manufacturer’s circulated specifications.
- Decide on Speed: Ensure that the router can support an existing Internet connection such as LAN cable, DSL etc., and also check its megabits per second (Mbps).
- Test your Choice of Equipment: Stumble on a real-life speed throughout and speed range tests for the router models you are thinking about to know how it really performs.
- Choose Encryption: Consider the requirement for encryption as wireless routers often use WPA or other sorts of encryption to secure the network from intruders. Take technical help from your router’s manufacturer or select the latest encryption technique that is used predominantly.
- Keep In Mind Compatibility Issues: Find out how it will harmonize the existing pieces of hardware in a home or office network. Look at harmonizing the wireless router brand with the brand of present network cards and if the router matches these cards then, the LAN connection could have a better speed.
- Evaluate Customer Support: Purchase a wireless router from a reputed company having good customer support. Technical support and help might also be decisive for installing or managing the device.
- Compare Warranties: Check carefully at the warranty terms & jot down the pros and cons for short listed brands & models.
Significant Benefits of a Good Wi-Fi Modem
- The primary reason to use a router is to connect millions of users to the Internet which calls for having a publicly-unique IP address. Add a wireless router with the network address translation enabled. Connecting to the world of web via router by NAT enables the router to employ one public IP address and a chain of UDP ports for sharing the connection.
- Connecting the Internet modem directly to the computer will expose it towards security issues. Making use of a router as a conciliator amid the “outside” network of the Internet & the “inside” network of your company offers a scalable situation which is much easier to protect. It is surely not a replacement for a firewall or anti-virus measures, but is an important tiny step towards a largely safe network setting.
- The wireless router functions on the rule of radio waves which facilitates you to stay connected to your network sitting at any area of your house or office you feel like.
It is surely an amazing router to purchase for small house only and is definitely not meant for large houses and office use. The coverage of the Wi-Fi is quite good but the link tends to drop often. It is extremely handy to configure and the setup wizard does the work of setting up the router amazingly. Even though the port forwarding is quite tough with this product but still that’s fine. Overall, considering its affordable price and other unique benefits, it may not stand as an ideal choice since there are better competitors in the niche in the same pricing, but it would not be a disappointing router either.
So, We hope all of these Wi-Fi routers will make its position to the top of the Best Wireless Routers 2017 List.